Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dec. 27: Shipping Out

December 27th, 2010

Mark and I woke up at 04:00 this morning to leave for the airport.  The flights went well, but we had layovers of 6 hours in Lax and 3 hours in Dallas-Ft. Worth, which gave us time to work on stuff we could not take care of before we left and to talk about what we needed to do when we arrived in Chile/Antarctica. 

We departed Dallas at 11:00, after being delayed for 2 hours.  Apparently another flight took our plane, so we got one out of the warehouse that appeared to be from another generation. 

After sitting on the plane for an hour we took off for Santiago, Chile and flew into tomorrow.  The flight was 10 hours. 

Unfortunately, I chose not to put my very heavy backpack (supplies, computers, etc) in the overhead compartment and it was all stuck with it between my legs for the whole flight. 

I figured I would have been smarter than that at this point in my travel life.

No comments:

Post a Comment