Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 7th, 2011


I am going to brave a couple words on the computer and hope it doesn’t make me sick.  We are one day away from land and we have had a good crossing so far.  The waves have approached 20 feet over the last couple of days and left a lot of us laying in bed and waiting for good weather.  I have not been feeling well, but have not had to throw up yet.  On the good side it is nice to catch up on my sleep. 

I did get to spend some time up on the bridge this morning and was amazed to see how much the ship moves around with the waves and yet is able to keep upright and get us to our destination.  There is not much to do on the boat at this point.  People are mostly reading and watching movies since everything is packed up and it is hard to work on computers during this weather.

I can’t wait to step off on land tomorrow.  We are planning a dinner with all of the science folk to celebrate a great cruise and then everyone will start flying out the next morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment